Wednesday, December 14, 2011

2 On Tuesday

Since today is Tuesday Wednesday I'm once again linking up with Andrea over on My Chihuahua bites for her weekly 2 On Tuesday.
This week she's asking us:

What is your favourite Christmas movie and which are your 2 favourite Christmas songs?

Without a doubt my all time favourite Christmas movie is:


I really really love this movie. I'll even admit to you that I cried during the opening  when Hugh Grant is saying:

'Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion... love actually is all around.'

In general I would have to say that I find it hard not to love any Christmas movie.  I love the soppiness and the nostalgia and the focus on all things good.   I like the focus it puts on all things hopeful and happy.  

As for my favourite Christmas songs:  Ooh this is hard to choose.  



I'm going to have to say the first song that pops into my  head is 'Let it snow' and then who could ever resist 'Santa Baby?'

So why don't you join Andrea's link up party?

No comments:

Post a Comment