1. save money! (both Himself & I are terrible savers)
2. get more organized (yes I get that this is very vague but it is a start, okay)
One particular area of our life that really needs to be organized is the meal/grocery planning. I tend to cook 90% of our meals. Himself tends to do 80% of our grocery shopping. So I have decided to try and to the weekly meal planner and then create a grocery list based on that. Trying to buy only what we need and also taking the stress out of coming up with something to cook for dinner at 4 in the afternoon, especially when I'm not sure what there is or isn't in the house.
The other little 'issue' linked to this is that 4 times a week we only get home at 8 so then I have to cook dinner as quickly as possible to try and get the kids fed, bathed and into bed by at the latest 9. (yes they 'bath' themselves and no they can't wait till morning cause the reason we get home so late is sport related).
So I want to know:
- do you plan your meals ahead of time?
- if yes, do you repeat a set of meal plans (e.g. rotating the same 2 or 3 lists)?
- do you have some quick and easy meal ideas for me? (no, I do not own a slow cooker)