Monday, March 12, 2012

Paddy's Day Parade

Yip, you read that right. We had a Paddy's day parade a week early.  I have no idea why but whatever.

The weather could not have been any better on Sunday. Clear blue skies and sun. 
Sun people, haven't seen the sun in what feels like months!

There was: 
  • the 'parade'
  •  a very very very long queue for food
  •  another very long queue for drinks
  • games for the kids

And as can be expected the kids had a blast. We had a couple scary moments when we thought some of the kids had gone missing. They on the other hand were having a great time in the bouncy castle totally oblivious to the fact that we were frantically looking for them. 

And just in case you were wondering why a South African Belgian would take her kids to a Paddy's day parade .... my friends are Irish. Also, the kids great great great grandmother was Irish.













2 comments:

  1. Looks like tons of fun and the t-shirts are so adorable. Is the little girl in the last pictures, Cat?! If so, she is darling!

    Also, all the St. Patrick's Day parades around here were this past weekend, too - strange! I didn't go to any... see, you're more festive than I and I'm actually Irish. My grandfather is first generation, so what's my excuse? ;)

    Oh, and I love that you say 'queue'

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to be exposed to other cultures and celebrations. I'm sure kids love anything celebration... ;D

    ReplyDelete