Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Jumping on the bandwagon and giving my 2 cents worth...

I've seen quite a few news articles about people who are raising their kids 'genderless' There is 'Pop' in Sweden who's parents were in the news in 2009 and Storm in Canada. Not forgetting Egalia a school in Sweden which practices “gender netutral” education.

I have one of each and they are very clearly a boy & a girl. And shock horror I'm raising them as kids, my kids. I don't get what the whole whoo ha is about raising boys to be boys and girls to be girls.

They are different!
Thank goodness.

At the rate society is going we are all going to end up being androgynous its! How boring would that not be?

I am not saying that we have to revert back to the dark ages with regards to women's rights but please what is so wrong with letting your kids know who & what they are?

Tiger has no problems with playing with dolls or cooking or cleaning, in fact, he's much more eager to do those things. Maybe because he's dad cooks (he's not so big on the cleaning but will do it if & when needed). And Cat is quite happy to anything her brother does.

The best part is that they know who and what they are.


So I'm saying: I'm the proud parent of a boy & a girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment