Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tag, you're it or wait first I'm it and then you're it ....

 So I got tagged by Amber ... Thanks Amber!
I really like reading other people list but must admit that it was quite hard to come up with my list of 11 facts.

Anyway, here goes: 11 Facts about me

  1. I knew about my husband before I even met him & I met him when I was 13 years old ... it was not love at first sight.
  2. The first cake I ever baked, for Cat's first birthday was a total disaster! My brother-in-law baked a new cake on the morning of the party. 
  3. I've turned into the baking queen since then (well at least in the opinion of my family and our close friends).  
  4. I prefer writing with a pencil and when I do have to write with a pen I loath writing with a black pen.  
  5. I work as a technical editor, am an avid reader and can't spell to save my life!  
  6. I'm a Hollywood gossip addict.... it's sad I know but I can't resist.  
  7. I like wine but knew nothing about it so I followed a 3 month wine course ... meaning I now know the basics.  
  8. I have immigrated 3 times since 2000 ... the house we are living in at the moment is the longest I've lived in one place since getting married (4  years) and despite this every now & again I wonder what life would be like in some far-away country.  
  9. I love watching both Rugby & Cricket (more than my man) ... and I even understand the rules (I will admit that he is better with the rules though).  
  10. I'm terrible at dressing myself in a flattering way. You know, hiding the bad & the ugly & making the most of what I've got. This is why I end up wearing jeans and sneakers.
  11. I can't pull of sexy. Just don't know how to do it and I look totally ridiculous when I try.    
My 11 answers to Amber's questions:



1. What was the first pet you ever owned?

Mmh the first pet that I can remember was a chow called Khuna. He was as black as the night. My parents finally give him away though cause he used to get out of the yard and go and fight with other dogs. (pretty much like our dogs do now) .

2. What is your go to accessory to dress up any outfit?

Oh, hard question, I do jeans and sneakers nearly every single day. Let's see I like a good pair of shoes and some nice bling like a striking pair of earrings or a bracelet.

3. Your favorite meal to cook?

Cereal with milk ... does that count? I bake! But when I want to cook a nice meal that will have everyone in the family happy it would have to be chicken wings, french fries (called Friet in Belgium) and salad.  I do my fries in the oven so it's healthy.

4. You're auditioning for American Idol: what do you sing?

O I would never ever do it but let's imagine that I could in fact sing ....I think I would choose Black horse and the Cheery Tree.

5. Favorite flavor of ice cream?

Vanilla or Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

6. 3 words that best describe you

I asked my Himself and he said: short, young and not hairy
So I would say, friendly, unassuming and un-confrontational. 

7. You end up on "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" like TODAY and have a baby - what do you name her? and if it's a him?

Ha Ha ... that would be a nightmare! except for the naming part, I like picking names. So if I could choose the name without having to consult my man: 
For a girl: Georgia Mae. I think it has a nice ring to it. 
It would never be pronounced correctly here in Belgium though.  
For a boy: I love the name Jack but I would probably go with Harrison Callen Smith. My grandfather-in-law passed away last year so I would use his initials HCS.

8. What was the most anxiety provoking experience you had in the last week?
 
Nothing ... my life is dull. The week before Duke (our dog) jumped the fence and attached another dog and that was bad but this week has been quiet.

9. What's your favorite way to de-stress after a rough day?
 
Glass of wine, some good nibbles and either a good book or a good movie.

10. How many pairs of shoes do you own?  How many would you like to own?

I own about 12 pairs of shoes but I could own many many more and would not mind one bit. I mean can one really own too many shoes?

11. What is a vacation you'd like to go on that isn't as obvious as the typical "beach" or "historical destination?"

If money was no object, I would love to take my kids and show them the world. Then to end it off I would send them to their grandparents and go away for a adventure type holiday on a tropical island with Himself. 


Now, here are my 11 questions to you, can't wait to read your answers:

1. What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
2. If you were to be stranded on an island what 10 things would you want to have with you?
3. Do you have any irrational fears, and what are they?
4. If you could be anyone for a day, who would you want to be and why?
5. What do you order at Starbucks?
6. If someone were to wake you up in the middle of the night and give you something to eat, what would you like it to be?
7.Do you have a guilty pleasure, and what is it?
8. If you had to chose a new name for yourself, what would it be?
9. If they made a movie of your life who would play you?
10. Who is your favorite actor/actress?
11. What is in your handbag right now? 

 And I'm tagging you:


Stephanie over on How to Survive Life in the Suburbs
Sarah Kate over on Nothing But Blue Skies
Cynthia over on Commonplace Crazy  
Whispering Writer

Here are the rules to this particular tag:
Stick to it, don't stick to it ... the choice is yours but have fun!
  • Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog
  • Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
  • You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.
  • Go to their page and tell them you have linked him or her.
  • No tag backs.

1 comment:

  1. I REALLY enjoyed reading all of this about you!!! You really do learn a lot about people when you force them to answer strange questions and list facts about themselves. :o)

    I very much understand how you feel about #11. I have tried to do sexy and b/c I'm so small and short, I end up looking like a baby hooker which isn't sexy at all, and certainly not the look I'm going for. :o)

    #4 - I love KT Tunstall! That song's good, and so is Suddenly I See (that may or may not be the name of the song, but it's the phrase I remember most from the song...)

    Oh, I also really love the middle name Mae. I was really close to using that for my daughter b/c it's my grandmother's middle name!

    ReplyDelete