Thursday, April 11, 2013

Ce la vie


So in my post on Monday I wrote about Cat being at my friend Noreen’s house for a sleep-over and how she was going to go on scouts camp on Wednesday.  Well, things did not go as planned.

I got a call on Monday to say that Noreen was taking Cat to hospital. Evidently she had hurt her ankle on the trampoline.  At first I thought it might be a bit over-kill to take her to hospital, I mean, my child is a bit of a drama queen. But it turns out that it was a good thing. She seems to have torn all the ligaments in her left foot … To make sure that she keeps off her foot the dr. put on a cast. … Hence, no camp and no 5K run which she has been training so hard for.

‘Mais oui’ such is life…

Not much else to tell you about. O I have about 7 days leave (carried over from last year) which I need to use or else I’ll lose them. So this morning I was saying to Himself how I really could do with some sun. Know what he suggested? He suggested that I go somewhere nice for a couple of days (6 – 7), like New York, I deserve it.

So I want to know:

Would you go away on your own for a couple of days?
Where would you go?


10 comments:

  1. wow~ so exciting about your getaway!!!!


    thats awful news about your daughter, jeez...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poor girl! Hope her foot mends quickly!

    I don't know if I'd be brave enough to go on a trip like that alone... but I admit it does sound heavenly!! My dream vacation right now is Hawaii... Or somewhere like South Carolina...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no, bless her heart!!! I hope that Cat recovers quickly. Torn ligaments aren't fun!

    Have y'all decided where you're going on your trip? We really need a trip around here!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would absolutely go away on my own for a few days...but not to NY. I'd go somewhere with less people. :o)

    I am so sorry about Cat's foot. I hope it heals quickly, but it really stinks that she had to miss the 5K she was training for. Hopefully she'll be ready for the next one that comes around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Cat! She must be so disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. poor punkin!!! So sorry to hear about Cat - I hope she neals very quickly!

    And YES, I'd go away in a heartbeat on my own. That sounds delightful. Definitely not New York, that's too stimulating...

    What about Baltimore, Maryland?!?! ;) hehehehe okay, alterior motives!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know that I would go alone.... but i'm definitely in favor of taking a girlfriend or your sister or someone like that. My girlfriend and I went to Florida last year and LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, poor Cat!! But yay you for a vacation! I don't think I would have gone anywhere alone 5 years ago, but now it's all I can dream about! Hahaha. I'd definitely go to a city. You can lounge around in the hotel, relax at a park, try new foods and see the sites. I'd love to see Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would I go away on my own? For sure!!! But if I were going on my own, it wouldn't be to New York City. It would be to Marbella, Spain. Cheaper for you, and you can lie on the beach all day long reading as many books as you like, while gawking at the "enhanced" 75-year-old grannies with 14-year-old boobs. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I am so sorry to hear about that ankle!!
    Now as for going away on my own...don't know if I could do that. But I have travelled to Bloggers conventions on my own and loved the time by myself.

    ReplyDelete