Monday, November 19, 2012

And so we begin again...

It's Monday so you know that everyone is blogging about their awesome weekend and all the fun things they got up to. And you know what, I have  nothing to blog about. 
 

No I'm not sulking, not really, I'm just saying. This weekend was one of those dull weekends were all we did can be summed up like this:
cooking, cleaning, walking the dogs, going to Tiger's football (soccer) game and freezing our butts off, taking Cat to swimming, more cooking & cleaning & laundry - the end

Speaking about freezing our butts off, would it not be awesome if you actually lost weight just by getting cold!  That would be awesome!  Ok, maybe not for everyone but I could sure do with losing a couple of pounds all without having to give up on wine & cookies.

You know what I threatened Cat with this weekend? scurvy! Yip, because the child 'refuses' to eat fruit and fresh veggies. And by refusing I mean that she tells me that she doesn't want it and then I shout at her that she has no choice but to eat it.  Way to go Jo, good parenting!  But honestly, how can you not like fruit?  I get that people might not like veggies, but fruit?!

The high light of my weekend ... the Springboks beating Scotland 21 - 10.  I was a bit worried about this game, 3 of the guys who I work with & I have a bit of a bet going every weekend, and they all three bet against the Springboks for this game.... but with our win  I could gloat and rub it in that they all now owe me a drink.


Adriaan Strauss of South Africa scores not 1 but 2  tries during the test match against Scotland at Murrayfield on November 17, 2012 in Edinburgh, Scotland - Image by: Jeff J Mitchell / Getty Images   

10 comments:

  1. Sometimes its good to have nothing to do and relax all weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Shannon! Sometimes those weekends are good to have to just get back on track.

    Would Cat try smoothies? You could mix in some of the veggies and see if that would do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it makes you feel better I couldn't pay my kid to eat anything that's green and I don't think I even left the house at all on Sunday. Bleh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We didn't do anything all weekend either. It poured here and I was tired from the previous week. I was also just kinda grumpy, so I was happy to stay home in PJs. Nolan is going through a weird phase of picky eating. I basically do the same thing. Make him. And then he gags and throws up! He's doing it on purpose!!! Brat. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sometimes it's good to have one of those catch up weekends") Confession: Hope I get one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cooking and cleaning. That sums what I did, too. Except add grading 63 papers to that mix! Hope you rested, though

    ReplyDelete
  7. well, at least you got some very necessary things done! and congrats on your team winning! one thing i miss about living in europe is the craze about rugby! we don't really have any interest in that where i live (the american south)
    well i'm your newest follower, looking forward to future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes our weekends are pretty boring as well. Like this weekend I don't think we're doing much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. our weekends are like that and i love it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry I missed this... those food battles with Cat don't sound fun at all. Seriously, fruit?!?!? Hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete