Thursday, May 10, 2012

Random Ramblings

I woke up with ‘We three kings’ stuck in my head.

Now you are also singing it J


On the way to work this morning a garbage sanitation worker said ‘good morning, have a nice day’ to me.

I have nothing against H&M, in fact I buy most of the kids clothes from them. But, I'm not to sure about this:


There is a lady in my office who is in denial about being pregnant.  She seems to believe that as long as she pretends that she's not  no-one is going to notice .... huh?

Say what?



 ‘ I think that one of the greatest mistakes America made was to allow women the opportunity to vote’.

‘ You walk up to them with an issue, they freak out right away. They go nuts. They get mad. They get upset, just like that. They have no patience because it’s not in their nature. They don’t have love. They don’t have love’.

And last but by no means least a friend sent the following to me this morning.  It might have happened last year but that does not change the fact that it happened!



South Africa: KwaZulu-Natal,  MEC for co-operative governance and traditional affairs Nomsa Dube called on the national department of science and technology to investigate the causes of lightning after seven people died in lightning strikes.

"We will do an investigation and talk to the department of science and technology on what is the cause of the lightning, and if it only happened to the previously disadvantaged as I have never seen any white people being struck by lightning." said Dube.

She was visiting Mpumazi in Eshowe where seven people from two families died after being struck by lightning on Sunday.  "Scientists from the department could perhaps help us and come up with instruments that could help community members protect themselves against lightning. "The department has dealt with floods and fires, but lightning was new to us," said Dube.



 

4 comments:

  1. ok thanks for trapping that song in my head and what how can one not embrace being pregnant it's an amazing thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great government leaders that we have... So glad the country is in the hands of such capable and knowledgable people.
    I've been humming the ice cream truck's tune all day, so now that will be stuck in your head!!
    Oh, and no, I don't believe a long sleeved cozzie is the answer to anything ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. most definitely random! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious! It's really the only word I can use to describe this post :) And thanks a lot for getting that song stuck in my head!

    p.s. - I'm your newest follower and hope you'll follow back at ashareyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete