Mamarazzi sent the following out:
Hey everyone...We Want to Know Q&A is BACK! We are so thankful for the little bit of time off but we hope you missed WWTK enough to come back and play with us.
This week Crazymama is asking the questions and here is what she sent me:
Let's talk summer. Ours is in full swing and the temps are rising (we got up to 114 on a few days already) So this weeks questions are about keeping cool and other summer delights.
I can't wait to hear if i'm the only one living in hades and the only fat girl swimming.
Don't you just love her? I know I do and I cannot wait to see everyone's answers and catch up with y'all.
(1) What is the usual summer high temperature where you live?
If there is one thing I really miss about living in
it’s the summers. Belgian summers are notoriously bad. Last year was a total wash and so far it looks like this summer is going the same way. We can have the odd warm day of say 27ºC/80°F but it’s rare. South Africa
|This is what it normally looks like ... sad hey!|
(2) How do you keep cool? Do you have central air?
No need for that here. There is central heating everywhere but since it never gets warm enough there is no need for air con, unless you are at work, offices and shops have it.
(3) Do you swim? If you get in the water do you get your hair and make-up wet?
I swim and I get my hair wet …. I don’t have a lot of airs about me. A lot of the tomboy in me survived into adulthood. If I’m at the coast it’s pointless trying to do my hair as it gets 10 times more curly than when I’m in-land and when my hair is short like now I really don’t give a toss.
(4) What is your favorite summer look? As far as outfit , shoe choice and hairstyle? (Pics are rad or just describe it.) Do you wear less make-up in the summer?
Not much different style wise is what I wear in winter.
option 1 ->Jeans, t-shirt, and I’ll either wear it with flip flops or a nice pair of wedges.
option 2 -> Shorts, t-shirt, again either with flip flops or a nice pair of wedges.
option 3 -> Maxi-dress with flip flops or flat sandals.
Never go without my sun glasses and a light scarf or jacket … the weather here is fickle!
As far as make-up goes …. I don’t wear a lot in any case so I’ll do my face if we go out for dinner but if we are just hanging out at the pool or on the beach, no, there is no point.
(5) What is your favorite summer meal to make or eat, either way? (Score extra cool points for a recipe.)
Salads – any kind really. Some of my favorites are:
Chicken caesar salad
Kelly’s watermelon and red onion salad
for this you need:
- a small watermelon
- 2 big red onions
- 3-4 limes
- fresh flat parsley
- 2 blocks of feta cheese
- some black olives
- ground black pepper
- olive oil
- slice red onions into rings, put in a bowl and squeeze the lime juice over it – set aside to rest
- cube watermelon – it’s up to you if you want to de-seed it
- cube the feta cheese – or crumble it, it really is up to you
- chop parsley as fine is you want
- mix it all together in a bowl and sprinkle with a bit of olive oil and some black pepper
Ok, that’s it from me …. link up and join the fun!