Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Confession ..... I pulled a ...

I pulled a sickie today .... for a good course.

Himself is working uber long hours at the moment to finish his building project so he can't do what he usually does meaning that I have to step up.

Tiger had his first cross country run today and he could not have been more excited.  I made it to the school on time, picked the kids up and then Cat pressed something on the iPad and I lost the map.

Needless to say not being 100% sure of how to get where we had to go was stressful, plus then I knew if we did not get to the stadium on time I was never going to hear the end of it from Himself.

But we made it, on time.

Tiger did his thing and came in 17th overall (in his age group). He told me that he would have been first but that he needed to pee the entire time.

But then, typical of my super competitive kids they argued the entire trip home about who was a better/faster runner Cat or Tiger.  It got so bad I thought I would have to pull over and leave them next to the road (just kidding!).

And if the race was not enough, Tiger also had football practice (in the pouring rain) so I think he is going to sleep like a rock tonight.  Luckily, him and Cat have made up again.

So now I'm in bed waiting for himself to come home....hope it's not too late.

After the race, cool down

Tiger, very proud of himself, as are we


 

3 comments:

  1. I love that - he had to pee the whole time! I think Tiger and I would make great friends! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am cracking up at the pee comment!! He is so cute in that last pic (oh maybe I should say handsome!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...he's right, you know. It's almost impossible to run full speed if you need to pee! :o) He did a good job though! Glad you made it on time!

    ReplyDelete